Button battery ingestion

R. Banerjee, G. V. Rao, P. V.J. Sriram, K. S.Pavan Reddy, D. Nageshwar Reddy

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

17 Scopus citations

Abstract

Button batteries represent a special category of pediatric ingested foreign body because of the possibility of serious complications particularly if impacted in the esophagus. We report a case of a 3-year-old girl with severe mid esophageal burns due to a lodged battery. More awareness is required amongst physicians to avert such dangers and ensure prompt removal.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)173-174
Number of pages2
JournalIndian Journal of Pediatrics
Volume72
Issue number2
DOIs
StatePublished - Feb 2005
Externally publishedYes

    Fingerprint

Keywords

  • Button battery
  • Corrosive
  • Esophagitis

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health

Cite this

Banerjee, R., Rao, G. V., Sriram, P. V. J., Reddy, K. S. P., & Reddy, D. N. (2005). Button battery ingestion. Indian Journal of Pediatrics, 72(2), 173-174. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02760705