Plastic surgery is a broad-based discipline with emphasis on areas such as breast, craniomaxillofacial, burn, aesthetic, and hand surgery as well as complex wounds and wound healing. Plastic surgery as a specialty captures a great deal of media attention over many other fields of medicine, so education, training, and credentialing have become an area of national interest. The purpose of this article was to provide information on the organization, basic requirements for training, fellowship, and volunteer opportunities within the specialty.
- Aesthetic surgery training
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Cosmetic surgery training
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Plastic surgery residency
ASJC Scopus subject areas